Harbor View Manor
919 S Fawcett Ave, Tacoma WA 98402
253-272-5552 / TTY: 800-545-1833 x 478| email@example.com
Welcome to Harbor View Manor!
This well-maintained 16-story building in the center of beautiful downtown Tacoma offers affordable housing, million-dollar views and a host of activities and services for seniors who are 55 years of age and older.
Harbor View Manor is an established affordable community in the heart of buzzling Tacoma, Washington. A variety of resident activities are offered on a regular basis - everything from weekly bingo events to computer classes. Owned and managed for seniors by American Baptist Homes of the West (ABHOW), the 169-unit property was designed with the evolving needs of seniors in mind.
Harbor View Manor is conveniently close to shopping, entertainment, banking and medical establishments and its proximity to main thoroughfares allows easy reach by friends and family. Your arrival at Harbor View Manor will feel like you’re among old friends. The residents from diverse backgrounds go out of their way to make newcomers and visitors feel like they are part of harbor View Manor’s tightly-knit extended family.
The ABHOW Service Commitment
Securing low cost, safe housing has become increasingly difficult for many older Americans. More often, seniors on low fixed incomes cannot afford current rental rates and the scarcity of subsidized rental apartments have excluded a large number from enjoying a fulfilling life. ABHOW seeks to enhance the independence, well being and security of older persons by providing them affordable housing and support services.
Beacon Communities, a department within ABHOW, develops, owns and manages multi-family unit properties that serve seniors with limited incomes. Through government subsidies, loans and grants, it is able to ensure that elderly persons enjoy living comfortably and with dignity, enriched all the more by their community and the convenience of their homes.
Harbor View Manor’s studio and one-bedroom apartments are spacious and are equipped with the following features:
- Insulated double-paned windows which guarantee noise reduction
- Energy-efficient appliances
- Utilities and expanded basic cable are included in monthly rent
The outdoor spaces at Harbor View Manor were built to allow the enjoyment of the natural landscape. Indoor common areas allow for enjoyable community events.
The property’s community amenities include:
The Harbor View Manor Bistro
- ADA assessable elevators
- A library that boasts of an extensive selection of books and magazines, CDs and DVDs
- Computers for resident use with free Internet service
- A beauty salon with a licensed professional hair stylist
- Mini mart open Monday through Friday
- An outdoor patio with grilling equipment for fun barbeques and summer cook-outs
- Ample space for parties, birthdays, holiday and other events
- Covered parking
- On-site laundromat
- Different transportation options available to resident - four Pierce County bus stops are about a block away from the property: The #1 bus route connects with Tacoma CC, #2 to Lakewood east, #3 Lakewood west, #26 downtown loop. Also, the 9th and Broadway Sound Transit Railway stop is two miles away. The Sound Transit railway connects major regional job and housing centers in King, Pierce and Snohomish counties.
- A private weekly van transport service that takes Harbor View Manor residents to shopping.
Dinner is served Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in a glass-sided dining room with awe-inspiring views of Mt. Rainer and the Cascade Mountains.
The homemade meals are prepared and served by Harbor View Manor staff.
**The cost of the meals are designed to be very affordable to Harbor View Manor residents.
- Weekday dinners consist of soup, salad, an entrée, side vegetables, desserts such as pie, cookie & ice cream
Stimulating Activities for Residents
A variety of fun and pleasurable activities are scheduled at Harbor View Manor, catering to the social, wellness and learning needs of residents.
These activities and events include:
Green building technology
- Exercise classes
- Safety seminars
- Weekly Bingo night socials
- Monthly birthday parties
- Various holiday celebrations
- Daily coffee service
In recent years, Harbor View Manor has expanded its green features to reduce its dependence on electricity, save energy and improve the environment.
These green features include:
- Energy efficient light fixtures and bulbs
- Double-paned windows with excellent insulative properties
- Energy-efficient appliances that keep energy usage low
- Energy-saving washers and dryers
Access / Security Meals/Dietary Options Amenities
- Daily Activities / Excercise
- Cable TV
- Non Smoking
- TV, Media Room
- Pets Allowed